Global Road Technology offers a full line of construction services, from design to build out, for an incredibly wide variety of industries and infrastructure projects. They have a particularly impressive array of soil stabilization products and techniques that are used to help facilitate road construction. We’re going to explore what soil stabilization is specifically, how it works, and the benefits it delivers in terms of controlling costs and helping to speed up road construction projects.
What is Soil Stabilization?
In a nutshell, the process of soil stabilization involves taking unstable soils and applying a proprietary admixture to them. These products help to increase the natural plasticity of the soil bed, making it much more suitable for compacting and eventually bearing a load. Having a stable under pavement before you begin road construction enables the entire process to proceed quickly and smoothly.
What Are the Benefits of Soil Stabilization?
There are numerous benefits to both new road construction as well as road rehabilitation projects. Here are just a few of them:
- Decreased Raw Material Cost – When employing soil stabilization methods during building, you will require less additional raw material to be added in during the construction of the base, and the leveling and surfacing processes. In most cases these cost savings can be fairly significant, sometimes in excess of 25% or more.
- Decreased Overall Building Cost – These products and techniques, properly employed, can result in an overall decrease in total road construction costs of up to 50% compared to traditional building methods.
- Less Logistical Support Needed – Since there is a much lighter volume of material that needs to be moved to successfully execute building projects using these methods, fewer trucks and other forms of logistical support are needed to service them.
- Increased Strength and Durability – Roads constructed on a solid underbed that consists of soil reinforced with stabilization products and techniques are significantly stronger and more durable than traditional road surfaces. They are resistant to both moisture and extreme temperatures as well.
- Significantly Safer – Having a top quality soil underbed and road surface will significantly increase the safety of everyone who uses the roadway. People and vehicles will both be less likely to skid or collide with one another because of the superior traction and emergency vehicles are often able to travel along the finished portion of the subgrade at nearly full speeds.
- More Environmentally Friendly – Less raw materials and deformation is required when employing soil stabilization techniques, less water is required for dust control and other elements of the construction, and the fact that less vehicles are needed for logistical support leading to fewer emissions released in the local area are all examples of how these road construction techniques are more environmentally friendly than traditional road building methods.
As you can see, employing proper soil stabilization to increase the quality of the base surface prior to engaging in any road construction has a variety of substantial benefits. They offer organizations who build infrastructure multiple ways to cut costs in addition to providing them with secondary benefits such as increased safety and lessened environmental impact.
Global Road Technology is proud to be an industry leader in the alternative infrastructure sector. Their innovative soil stabilization products and methods are helping to revolutionize road construction projects for organizations both public and private across the globe.
For more information on road stabilization contact Global Road Technology here: http://globalroadtechnology.com/contact/